SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER
Who We Are
iCivics is a fast growing EdTech Non-Profit located in Cambridge, MA.
Founded by Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, iCivics makes civic education relevant to new generations of Americans through online games and innovative classroom resources – for free. Our mission is to engage students in meaningful civic learning. We are committed to keeping our program relevant to young people and effective for teachers.
With iCivics, millions of students learn about our government, the rule of law, and civic issues. This is because kids overwhelmingly enjoy playing our games. iCivics has successfully migrated from a start-up to a nationally scaled, second-stage organization. Our reach is substantial: 200,000 teachers across all 50 states are registered with iCivics. We estimate that over 6 million students benefit from iCivics each year. Furthermore, our games have been played a staggering 64 million times! Our growth continues: in 2018, teacher accounts and active users grew at over 27%.
An iCivics Type of Person
We are looking for a growth-minded Senior Marketing Manager that is ready to make a difference in education and work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. Our organizational culture is shaped for those with the following traits:
Job Description: iCivics seeks a highly motivated, energetic, self-starter to join the iCivics team as a Senior Marketing Manager. The primary function of the role is to strategize, manage, and execute all marketing activities to grow customer acquisition and retention. This person must be passionate about K-12 civics education, games in education, or improving educational opportunities for students. This position reports to Senior Leadership.
- Strategize, manage and execute integrated, multi-channel marketing campaigns to launch new programs, generate web traffic, and communicate the iCivics message to educators nationwide.
- Drive new customer acquisition and retention for iCivics user base.
- Analyze and report results on all marketing campaigns. Strategic-oriented thinking to interpret and translate data into actionable insights to guide future direction.
- Write copy for emails, blog posts, web site copy, marketing collateral, and other iCivics communications.
- Devise CRM list strategy and manage CRM lists, list acquisition, and email deployment.
- Post on iCivics social media accounts with an eye towards growing educator engagement and increasing awareness.
- Manage vendors to increase SEO traffic and optimize keywords in Google Ads. Work with PR firm to grow iCivics overall presence.
- Collaborate as a key member of the iCivics team. Proven ability to manage competing priorities and work effectively across functions and at all levels of the organization.
- Think both strategically and operationally by being able to identify solutions to issues and implement a thoughtful process to put the solution in place.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Adapt to quickly evolving priorities and respond with grace in a fast-paced environment.
- Professionally represent iCivics at conferences nationwide.
- Other duties as they arise.
- 3-5 years of Marketing experience with strong marketing instinct. Experience marketing to teachers and schools a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- Track record of driving new initiatives and successfully executing marketing campaigns.
- Passion for and/or experience in K-12 education. Experience in the field of education technology a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing best practices across a number of functional areas and commitment to the marketing field through continuing personal development.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Experience with Google Ads, social media, CRM, and marketing automation a plus.
- Experience with Blue State Digital an added bonus.
Location: preferably Boston
Send your resume, cover letter, and two relevant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your last name and the job title in the subject line of your email. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to make personal contact with individuals invited for interviews. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you to schedule a convenient date and time.
iCivics is headquartered in Cambridge, MA. iCivics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, ethnicity, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or political or other viewpoint in making any employment decisions.
iCivics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, ethnicity, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or political or other viewpoint in making any employment decisions.